Sunday, February 22, 2009

Phases

Tell me this one too shall pass.  

I've discovered in my almost 16 years as a teacher, almost 9 years as a step-mother and almost 3 years as a momma that children go through phases.  

Please reassure me that this new behavior is just another phase and it too shall pass.

Z's newest thing is to get out of bed (Great!  She's my independent girl!  Wait a minute.... she's only supposed to be independent when I say it's okay), come into our bedroom and stand by my side of the bed, binkie a-goin' a la' Maggie Simpson.  

That would be fine, well, better at least, if it were a normal wake up time.  Oh, no.  Last night was 12:39 a.m.  Sometimes it's 2, sometimes it's 3 or 4.  During the week - UGH!  I get up at 4:30!!!  So my new wake up time is now sometimes 2, sometimes 3 or sometimes 4.  

Doesn't help either that I just had eye surgery so I won't look cross-eyed at people and am still not 100% back to normal.  

Just tell me that this too shall pass.  

No comments: