Sunday, May 23, 2010

Best Banana Bread EVAH!

I've mentioned before how I think my family plots together to not eat the fresh bananas I get at the store and to let them turn brown so I'll make banana bread.  I love it too so, you know, I secretly love that they do that.  The recipe I use is straight from Betty Crocker and is super yummy!  Light, easy to make, awesome!

Banana Bread

1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2/3 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 c. mashed ripe banana (2-3 med. bananas)
1/3 c. shortening, margarine or butter (I use un-salted butter)
2 T. milk
2 eggs
1/4 c. chopped nuts (optional - I don't use them)

In a large mixer bowl, combine 1 c. of the flour, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add mashed banana, shortening, margarine or butter and milk.  Beat with an electric mixer on low speed till blended, then on high speed for 2 minutes.  Stir in nuts.

Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for 55 - 60 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.  Remove from the pan; cool thoroughly on a wire rack.  Wrap and store overnight before slicing.

For baking, I use my Pampered Chef stoneware loaf pan and instead of wrapping, I use a Tupperware Modular Mates rectangle 4 - perfect fit!

No comments: