Saturday, May 1, 2010

Spiced Carrot-Zucchini Bread

I love to bake.  I think it's the start to finish sense of accomplishment, the yummy noises people make when eating my stuff and the OMG smells that fill the house!  I usually am able to with-hold from eating (too much) of what I make and most of it gets shared with family and friends, both Chris' and mine.

I thought I might start sharing some of my favorite recipes here.  There are so many yummo things to bake!

Today so far, I've got a zucchini bread recipe in the oven that came with my new Pampered Chef stoneware loaf pan.  I love cooking with stoneware!  So far, I've got a pizza stone and a deep-dish cooker and now the loaf pan.  Hope to add more to my collection - let me know if you need a Pampered Chef lady!  Mine ROCKS!

So, here's the recipe:

Spiced Carrot-Zucchini Bread

2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 c sugar
1 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
3/4 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t ground cloves
3/4 c finely chopped carrots
3/4 c finely chopped zucchini
1/2 c coarsely chopped walnuts
2/3 c vegetable oil
1/2 c milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 350*F  Spray bottom only of stoneware loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray
In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cloves.
Add remaining ingredients, stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.

Spoon batter into pan.  Bake 65-70 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes.  Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove loaf to cooling rack.  Cool completely.

I will tell you the batter is really dense!  Give me about 40 more minutes and I'll let you know how yummy it is!  My house is smelling fabulous so I have high hopes!

No comments: