Ugh. It sucks.
I know in my logical brain that things go in ebbs and tides. I know what goes down usually comes back up. So, why won't my emotional side listen to my logical side. Dunno. Damn Gemini!
How am I stressed - let me count the ways.
1. Students - always a stressor. This year more of a good stressor than a bad one, but still a drain nevertheless. Worried this year about keeping them moving ahead, keeping all students at a year's gain or better. All of my students came in this year at benchmark for language. Amazing. It's go time.
2. New curriculum - principal said ditch the math program (it spirals) and teach to mastery. Ummm. Okay. Scope and sequence? Design from scratch. Yeah. Pacing? Resources? Authentic assessments? Rote skills or problem solving approach?
3. Changing sitters - big stressor. Turned that letter in today, relieved and sad at the same time. Waiting so long to turn the letter in caused major lack of sleep and wild imaginings at the reaction of aforementioned sitter. Not near as bad as my imagination dreamed up. Still not fun.
4. Money - everything's going up in cost and down in value. Good thing we have a long time before retirement! I may end up going 35 years at this point. Working on our own little economic stimulus and hoping for better things with new pres.
5. Just daily stress of too much to do, too little time, too tired, too guilty of not spending time with daughter, husband, friends and desperately wanting time for myself.
That's enough whining for now. Time to take my big girl pill. This grown up stuff sucks sometimes.